Fifth Wheel Campers
Fifth wheel campers, also known as fifth wheel trailers, are a type of recreational vehicle (RV) that are designed to be towed by a pickup truck. They are called “fifth wheel” because they have a raised, horseshoe-shaped section over the bed of the pickup truck, which is connected to the pickup truck with a special hitch called a “fifth wheel hitch.”
Fifth wheel campers are known for their spacious interiors and high-end amenities, which make them a popular choice among RV enthusiasts. They usually have a variety of floor plans and sizes to choose from, with the most common being small, lightweight units that are easy to tow, to large luxury units that can be equipped with all the comforts of home.
Some features that may be found in fifth wheel campers include:
- Fully equipped kitchens with appliances such as a refrigerator, stove, and microwave.
- Comfortable sleeping areas, such as a master bedroom with a queen-size bed, and a bunk room for the kids.
- Spacious bathrooms with amenities such as a shower, toilet, and sink.
- Living areas with comfortable seating, TVs and entertainment systems.
- Large windows for natural light, skylights and slideouts for more living space.
- Built-in systems such as air conditioning, heating, water heaters, and electrical systems.
Fifth wheel campers are also known for their durability and quality construction, which makes them a reliable option for long-term travel. They are also versatile, they can be used for both short trips and extended vacations, they can also be easily stored in a storage facility when not in use.
Overall, fifth wheel campers are a good choice for those looking for a comfortable, spacious RV with high-end amenities, and are typically towed by a pickup truck with a special hitch called a “fifth wheel hitch.”